Monday, September 6, 2010

The One (II)

The closest and complete feeling of the one came into my life when I'm with my dearie. She gave me this sheer sense of bone-chilling tingling feeling that strives through all my veins; as many would say "chemistry" and I would call it "electricity". It is the emotional connection that brought us together, it was my misunderstanding of her emotions which is perfectly clearly "why" I couldn't comprehend back then, my perspective wasn't completely aligned with hers.

However, as a person, I've only always seen "her", one and only. She drawn me out of the crowd and clearly stands out -- I'm so into her. When I think of the one, I do share the same values as my dearie what she looks for in her partner. She always wanted and wished a "homely" place where she can work, study and play. I always thought that I have a "home" until one day realized that it is incomplete and merely a "house". To be honest, when she's around, I've only wanted to be with her and I refused to do anything which worries her. She would say, "Dearie, go do your things." and I would reply, "No, I just want to be here with you." The togetherness made us enjoy our quality time together at my "house" -- which unknowingly transformed into a "home".

I've received a reply letter from ICA this afternoon, "Your application for Singapore Permenant Residency is unsuccessful." I'll call this a blessing in disguise. When I received this letter a few months back, I was really disappointed and my mind went havoc. Now I smiled, put it back in the enevelop and cheered "Hallelujah!" Even if this letter is the approval letter, I wouldn't care much and toss it in a bin. I asked myself, what do I want? It is clear it's not a bunch of scrolls stating our achievements, promotion and money. Like what dearie said, happiness is perceived by many people in different forms, shapes and sizes. I'm glad that "our happiness" is the same definition -- to seek the peaceful, happy and joyful "home".

As the leader of my family, I will need to set the pace in all our relationships which serves the best interest of my team members. We were having different paces in the past but I'm catching up and dearie knows. I'll be a guiding father, supporitve husband and happy family man. Fortunately, I also had a little time together with Mark today before he ran off for his evening class and he offered he would give some valuable advice to "us" and share his experiences. Today I've talked to my dearie and Mark, two of my best friends and I'm truly inspired and glad that I've decided to change for better. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

As the closing, like I always do, I would like to dedicate this song to my dearie.

Westlife's Flying without Wings


Love you always,
Mike Dearie

Lyrics:
[Shane:]
Everybody's looking for that something
One thing that makes it all complete
You'll find it in the strangest places
Places you never knew it could be

Some find it in the face of their children
Some find it in their lover's eyes
Who can deny the joy it brings
When you've found that special thing
You're flying without wings

[Mark:]
Some find it sharing every morning
Some in their solitary lives
You'll find it in the words of others
A simple line can make you laugh or cry

You'll find it in the deepest friendship
The kind you cherish all your life
And when you know how much that means
You've found that special thing
You're flying without wings

So, impossible as they may seem
You've got to fight for every dream
Cos who's to know which one you let go
Would have made you complete

[Shane:]
Well, for me it's waking up beside you
To watch the sunrise on your face
To know that I can say I love you
In any given time or place

[Mark:]
It's little things that only I know
Those are the things that make you mine
And it's like flying without wings
Cos you're my special thing
I'm flying without wings

[Shane:]
And you're the place my life begins
And you'll be where it ends

[Mark:]
I'm flying without wings
And that's the joy you bring
I'm flying without wings


2 comments:

  1. I wanted and wished to build a home with you, but I was rejected. It's not about finger pointing, it just brings back memories.

    No doubt, I really love you, but I realise I can't let go of the past, I can't forgive you. I'm sorry. I'm not Christ like in this sense as he is forever forgiving. I'm going through a state of confusion. What do I want? What should I do? Who should I be married to? Will you carry out what you say? You may promise me everything, but I may not believe in you. Trust has to be earned, rem?

    It was a moment of unexplainable when I met you. Looking at you, it pains me so much. How on earth would be end up like this? I thought you said you would give up on me? I feel so lost.

    You are a nice guy, I'm sure you will find a girl whom you love and who loves you as much as I do...

    Kris dearie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearie

    I guess you've been in my shoes; the feelings and sadness and pain. Looking at you I've pain so much and had the same thought, how did we end up like this? It takes time for us to settle our feelings down and see the truth. All along, I knew I only wanted to be with you and no one else. I'm sure currently you can't see with all the dusts around, whether it is good or bad dusts, affecting your vision and wisdom; a state of confusion.

    I was in a state of confusion, but I'm clear now. I really love you too, dearie. Will I carry out what I say? Absolutely two hundred percent yes. I will earn trust through my gestures and that's how you have earned yours with me too. You have spoken to me yesterday when we met, hope you can feel it. I've learned to forgive and say thank you; and that soothes my pain as well as make the other person feel a lot better. It's not your fault dearie, you don't have to say sorry. When we're badly hurt, we will behave this way which I totally understand.

    I have decided to let you settle emotions and pains and feelings. You are retreating more and more because you are afraid that I will hurt you again. Let me be assured dearie, I would never ever will do that and I would rather get hurt than see you in pain.

    Even in the first breakup, I told you I will not look for another girl as I'm not easily moved. This isn't about finding the love. This is about not letting go of the one you found whom you truly love and treasure; and you know.

    All my communication lines are opened too dearie, that is, if you wish to settle down with a man you truly love, because that is rare you will find such person in your lifetime. Mean time, I'll devote myself to you, pray hard for you, and improve myself in every aspects of life.

    Love you always
    Mike Dearie

    ReplyDelete