Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thank you



Gratitude is a sentiment we'd all do well to cultivate, according to positive psychologists, mental health clinicians and researchers who seek to help everyone create more joy in life. Feeling thankful and expressing that thanks makes you happier and heartier. In many occasions, I would simply say, "Thanks dearie..." or "Thank you dearie". I really meant those thank yous from the bottom of my heart but the question remains whether it is enough for the person you treasure and appreciate the most in your life. That's when expressive gestures comes in. I thank my dearie for many things, amongst others:
  • Giving me emotional support when I'm down, to discuss our views and share our knowledge, mostly regarding our job (and thankfully, we do share a lot of similar values and sentiments)
  • Strengthen our bond by writing me notes, and adorable cards for assurance
  • Giving me hugs and kisses, whether delivery or non-delivery ways
  • Helping me with laundry even though I feel bad for letting her help me because I just want her to rest (but doing things together is more fun!)
  • Letting me take her various photos, either glam or un-glam
  • Giving me cookies and chocolates
  • Help me to buy groceries together
  • Enjoying my terrible cookings with a smile
  • Having dinners together and buying food over
  • Drinking wine together while watching movies
  • Giving me massages when I'm extremely under pressure and needed some relief
  • Giving me dinner treats on special occasions, lunches, presents and gifts
  • Giving me a family feel when I'm all alone
  • Making me coffee and breakfast (very cute when she over-poured the oil for prata)
  • Watching events together, like world cup, SYOG and National Day
  • Watching movies together even though some movies are not her type
  • Holding my hands while we walk and teaching me how to hold hands properly
  • Attending my lectures and taking notes like a diligent student
  • Going to holidays together with me
  • Letting me pursue my dreams and my certifications
  • Giving me warmth in my heart with that smile of hers .. and many more
As we're humans, we have no telepathy or mind-reading capabilities. The thoughts must be explicitly communicated effectively or otherwise, the other party might misunderstand. So keeping emotionally connected means we both are on the same page and would be happy to resolve things together without any misunderstandings.

And finally of cos, I can't thank you enough Dearie. And I love you truly do and you know (yes I copied yours because it is so sweet).

Mike Dearie

Dido - Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment